Hi members. I did a number of Google searches for Gastinne-Renette boxlock shotguns and only found a few images of them. There was a 24GA that was auctioned in 2012 by Cowan's Auctions, which is similar in style to mine, although it is of higher quality with lots of engraving. The auction house describes it as a 24 gauge with the barrels marked 14.9 and 1901 on the water table. This puts it close to my recent acquisition with a mark of 1908. It has the same Scott forend latch type as you can see from the pic below. Checkering pattern and stock wrist shape are similar also. Sadly, there were no pics of the barrel flats and action. Below is the auction house description.

"24 gauge, 26" barrels, S/N 4075. 12.25" LOP, highly engraved frame in floral designs interwoven; banner on both sides of the frame with Gastinne-Renette in the banner. Deep relief engraved on the back of the lobes of frame. Safety inlaid in gold. Deep relief engraved triggerguard with gold crest inlaid. Blued barrels with engraving at the breech. Finely checkered highly figured walnut stock with checkered butt. Fully checkered forearm with engraved release. Marked on the frame French proofs and Gastinne-Renette, and the number 4075 and on the front 1901. Bottom of barrels are marked 14.9 on both barrels, and 65 on both barrels along with French barrel proofs and barrel maker Leopold Bernard."

Last edited by BillK; 02/02/16 12:29 AM.