I have shipped over 750 guns since I was licensed in 2000. I have never bought insurance. Instead I pack well, using bubble wrap, good cardboard and break the gun down when possible. Rarely have I had to buy much supplies either as I use what the guns came into my shop with. I have shipped guns from $600 to $6000 in selling value. Never had one claim and every package has gone through just like the mail you receive every day, but never use the post office for shipping. Think about it. Over the last 20 or 30 years or more, how many of your "bills" have been lost? I use this excellent delivery record to my advantage. I estimate my savings over those 15 years at about $15,000 to $18,000 and counting. Average shipping cost is $16 to $18 per package, once in a while $20 to $22 for a remote delivery. The fear factor has made a lot of money for shippers if you think about all the unused insurance fees people have purchased. Now, if you only ship one gun every couple years or so I guess it doesn't matter what you do.

rapidfire

Last edited by rapidfire; 02/07/16 08:04 PM.