Gary, I got your 16585 - see above and a link to your post. I didn't have the 30245...It should be after Rue Scribe closed (1886) and before 16 Oxford Street Closed (1898); it could have had either the 16 or 277 Oxford street address. Since it's midway between 26584 (last number I can find with the Paris address - 1886) and 34723 (last number I can find with the 16 Oxford Street address - 1898)...say 1892 manufacture date?

I'm pretty sure Reilly placed no Reilly serial numbers on guns that were not at least ordered through him although he did put his name on guns he sold. I can base this on a Winchester he sold, a Sharpes, the Comblains and a couple of other examples. There is a unity in his stocks, engraving, and general feel that would indicate that if he didn't make them himself, he sure exercised strict quality control over the product. I'm inclined to think that at the very least he finished everything in his building.

Oh I've found an engraved bayonette and an engraved sword with his name on it.

Bonny, great bit of trivia. I actually researched the supposed Reilly shop in St. Honore in Paris (I speak French and have a French wife)...Paris - heck Europe - is full of these stories and this one was apt.

Last edited by Argo44; 02/22/16 10:46 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch