Originally Posted By: John Roberts

But sitting on a green patch with a f*cking decoy, then murdering the poor bastard when he runs up to it, that is NOT a legit turkey.

Just remember, you are not entitled to a single one.
JR

JR, I am curious about your aversion to and disapproval of decoys for Turkey hunting. I was Turkey hunting before decoys came out, but bought one of the soft rubber fold up ones when they did. Before I got the decoy, my favored method was to hunt in the woods, moving often until I was working an active bird, and rely completely upon the call. I liked the decoy because the Gobbler would see it and it would take his attention from my fidgeting.

However, I found my hunting method changing toward pasture edges and power or pipe lines (strutting sites), and yes green patches/plots because of the presumed effectiveness of the decoy. I do not believe the decoy is all that effective. What kind of decoy are the South Mississippi guys using anyway?

Both hunting methods are effective, but I don't see the decoy as being unethical, just cumbersome and not really necessary. Other than just disapproval what are your thoughts about the ethics of decoys? Do you disapprove of duck decoys or dove spinner wings?...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 04/01/16 01:09 PM.