Where's "Misfires" when we need it?

Re sxs for Sporting Clays, I do prefer 30" barrels, but I don't prefer anything nearly as heavy as a BSS. Had my hands on a very nice customized Parker a few years back. Long barrels, choke tubes, restocked, very nice job. Shot it in a skeet league and at SC. I've since discovered that while SOME additional weight works well for me in a target gun, a lot of additional weight--in comparison to "game guns"--does not. I'm currently working with a nice Webley & Scott, 30". It only weighs 6 1/2, but balances about an inch in front of the hinge pin. I know that's too light for most people for a target gun, and I've played with a few others in the 7# range, which I think is about as heavy as I want to go.

Another candidate that doesn't break the bank would be one of the Ithaca SKB's with 30" barrels. Not a lot of them out there. Most of the ones I've seen have 3" chambers (the Ithaca SKB 12ga sxs were usually 2 3/4") with a factory recoil pad. I think the original idea was for waterfowl back when you could still shoot lead, possibly doubling as a sxs trap gun. That was before SC caught hold in this country.