Geo, Savage must have ran out of numbers because their current Model 220 is a bolt action shotgun. My first shotgun was a used hammerless Stevens Model 220 20 gauge that I bought for $20.00 with money earned on my paper route. I just may have to dust it off and take it out for Spring Gobbler since I haven't shot it for many years. It is choked super tight, and was tough to break even 14 or 15 of 25 at skeet with it. But when you managed to hit a clay target or game with it, the target was usually pulverized. Whenever my Dad let me use his Model 870 pump, I instantly became a much better shot. Once when I was about 16, my buddies and I were hunting in a large field of pumpkins that had been damaged by heavy frost. I decided to check the pattern of my Stevens 220 and paced off 35 paces from a large pumpkin, and fired. The #6 shot left a gaping hole you could put your fist in with a scattering of pellets on the periphery. I immediately understood why it was hard to hit with it, and later found that it would regularly put 4 or 5 pellets in a beer can at a full 100 yards.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.