I don't care about Ed's motive. He started a thread that has (or maybe had, now) the potential to provoke significant discussion on a topic of interest to a whole lot of people here. If someone wants to complain about Ed's position on gun rights, why not wait until he SAYS something about gun rights? Or better yet . . . hey, why not start a thread about gun rights and launch into your attacks, dredging up stuff from the past that's been dredged many times before? Afraid that maybe you'd get the plug pulled on you?

And no, the first amendment does NOT apply here. BB moderators can censor as they wish. You don't like it, either go elsewhere or create your own sandbox to play in.

And Keith, I never said that only military veterans have a VALID commitment to supporting the 2A and the rest of the Constitution. What I was pointing out--and will stand behind until hell freezes over--is that military veterans ALL make a very different commitment than non-veterans. In the form of a blank check made out to Uncle Sam. When you do that, you are offering your LIFE for your country. I don't think your life is at any risk by either posting on a BB in defense of the 2A, or writing articles about guns (as I do), or sending money to the NRA. Once you enlist and a war comes along, you can't just decide you don't like the job and leave. That's where the difference lies. And anyone who questions me on my support for the ENTIRE Constitution, my immediate question to them is: I think I proved that support via my military service. How about you?