"As I've said, the force per square inch would be greater in the 28 gauge, but the total force would be the same." AGREED

"It would appear that that would also be correct for the rocket propelled acrobats as in case 1 they would have cross sectional area of three sets of feet and in case two the area of of only one set." AGREED

"I believe this began as a discussion that total force in smaller gauges is greater than force in larger gauges, and you have conceded that total force is the same in a 28 as a 12."
I'm not conceding because I never argued that the work (force times distance) applied to 1 ounce of shot to accelerate it 1200 fps was anything but identical in the two gauges. But I do argue that the bottom layer of shot in a 28 gauge one ounce load is subjected to higher stress/force/pressure than the bottom layer of shot in a 12 gauge one ounce load.

Pressure times area equals force. The pressure from the burning gunpowder is higher in a 28 gauge (compared to a twelve) but the area of the wad is smaller in a 28 gauge. Pressure times area equals force.

" It's been fun" Agree!

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/14/16 10:24 PM.

I am glad to be here.