Craig, the only thing I said on the previous page about what an honorable discharge has proven is this:

"But anyone who's come out of the military with an honorable discharge has proven something others have not." Just to clarify, since you apparently didn't/don't understand: What they have proven is that they made a commitment to their country (which only a relative few make these days), and that they have followed through on that commitment. That commitment is to support the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. The honorable discharge is proof positive of satisfactory completion of that commitment.

And Keith, you also have reading problems. Not a "stronger" commitment, but a DIFFERENT commitment. Does that make a veteran a "super citizen"? Nope. Makes him a veteran. And not making any excuses for Kerry. Pretty sure he's never posted here. But if he does, until Dave decides to pull the plug on him--and that goes for Ed too--then they both have rights under the Constitution to free speech. That amendment comes right before the Second. Expect even you can count and figure that one out, Keith. Dave's the one who gives us this podium. Whatever Ed has proven to you, why insist on butting in when there's a legitimate discussion of sxs for sporting clays going on--to which, apparently, you had nothing to contribute? Hey, Dig just started a post--to which you even contributed--about defending hunting rights. Opens the door to you to start one where you can talk about defending gun rights all you want. And people can go there expecting to hear about gun rights. At which point you're playing by the rules to say whatever is on your mind.

You see, it's this way: An old French philosopher named Voltaire once supposedly said (although he never actually did): "I may not believe in what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Pretty much how I feel about Ed or Kerry or anyone else who chooses to post here. The part about staying on topic . . . well, that's just common courtesy. Which some folks clearly lack. But hey, they're also into misrepresenting the statements of others--so what can you expect?

Inferiority complex bothering you that badly, Keith, for not having made the same commitment veterans have made? That even John Kerry made? I guess I can understand that. They served. You didn't. Too late to make up for that now.

I now officially swear off further mud wrestling with the pig. You only get dirty, and the pig enjoys it.

Last edited by L. Brown; 04/19/16 08:11 PM.