Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Any grown man that shoots a jake needs his ass kicked up around his shoulders. Sounds like your household is near starvation. Hope you're real proud. Should have kept that shit to yourself.JR

Some have questioned why I chose not to respond in kind to JR's post. He and I have different opinions regarding the supposed ethics of certain perfectly legal turkey hunting techniques and practices. I can only respect his opinions. However I am not required to agree with him.

While I think that his opinions regarding tungsten shot, decoys, the taking of legal jake turkeys (young gobblers with beards less than 6 inches), and his personal decision to limit himself to one bird notwithstanding local regulations are nothing but unfounded personal prejudice and an expression of ego on his part, I won't get into an argument with him about it. He's free to believe what he will and express his opinion, though I wish he had not verbally attacked me in this particular thread.

I don't think JR and I would enjoy hunting together. He'll just have to place me in the "I'll hunt my way and you hunt yours" category...Geo