Originally Posted By: John Roberts
... I know many young guys who consistently killed 8, 10 or more gobblers year during the 80's, 90's and early 2000's, and now whine about not hearing or seeing as many. I have no sympathy for them, but plenty of animosity.
JR

You can send those whiners to Maine - the biggest complaint about turkeys in [southern] Maine is that there are so many they are becoming pests. For those whose seasons have already ended or will soon, our season won't open until May 2 and runs until June 4. http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_trapping/hunting/wild_turkey.htm

On to the main point of the thread, I can understand the dispute over methods and means. I live by "just because it's legal doesn't mean you have to do it". But, by the same token, if people cannot disagree civilly - or just agree to disagree - over the use (or not) of legal means then there's not much point in having a discussion.

I have no dog in this fight - I'm presently working outside the US and won't be hunting anything this spring and probably not even getting any fishing in.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent