Folks,

Wildlife Habitat, sustainable agriculture and erosion control isn't a political football unless you want to skew it that way.
Please try to remember the 1930's dust bowl images.

I have had great hunting experiences in KS where one section of CRP land held hundreds of pheasants. Birds do fly to public access hunting areas.

I never judged the farmer who didn't abide a few feet of hedgerow, left a row of corn unharvested or a fallow corner because optimizing crop was the bottom line. I was a visitor and a guest with an out of state license.

We are swimming in oil and natural gas. The ethanol subsidy is $5.5 Billion to $7.3 Billion/year. $3.80/gallon should be the price. It takes 3 Gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of ethanol.

Just imagine: A one percent reduction in corn subsidies would go back to farmers; corporate or private and still support hunters and sustainable agriculture.

I'd rather have the Ogallala aquifer with water left to grow sustainable crops. Just Say'in....

Some older folks may remember Jay Darling's conservation efforts and cartoons in the 30's. We may need another visionary to help the farmer and the hunter preserve something for future generations.