Originally Posted By: Brent
Al, we don't vote on every single law - but I would agree with any law to ban lead shot in waterfowl hunting. And you know that I shoot only old guns that cannot handle steel.

The lead shot problem was real and there is a lot of good data to support it. I've posted more than once on the data that supports it.

If Bi shot is gone, that's a serious blow to me.

We have lost a lot of freedoms, lead-shot waterfowling, the use of DDT, and a few more come to mind as things we are better off without.

Brent

Brent, I hope you know I have nothing but respect for you and your knowledge. I would in no way dispute that the data you have seen you believe to be true.

I should get off my duff and write this up and submit what I have learned over the past 34 years on this subject.

For starters data outside of this issue stands in direct dispute of what has been applied to the public about the problem.

A major university was told that they would loose all Federal funding and State funding if they published a government sponsored report that strongly disputed the Agency reports. I have this on first hand eye witness account by one of the project researchers of this two year project.

This project was conducted in the area of Northern California in the area that the government made these claims.

I get so dog mad about this subject because I know the lies and I know who and why this crap happened.

This has been classic Administrative law at work. Did you know the last hold out that refused to comply with the feds did not give in until 2001. They gave in only due to peer pressure and lies and government grants. I fought this tooth and nails with these guys, who to this day feel betrayed by their own people.

Did it not seem strange to anyone that the lead toxicity went down with the occurrence of another event?

The removal of lead from gasoline in California went hand in glove with the lead shot. Yet the toxicity reportedly fell in waterfowl. One might ask what happen to the lead that was already in the water? Was the state of California's water ways the first and largest super fund clean-up site? Did this happen under the cover of darkness?

Anybody ever look at existing data and research on water and lead in contact with each other?

Lots of data from outside disciplines on this issue, that had no interest in waterfowl, in direct contradiction to government findings.

I will add, done before and after this lie got out.

I'm done, I don't care if you who read this care or not.

Please prove me wrong! Al