For many years, I used the Rayban Aviators for the "cool" factor though they did not fit well. I never had a gun blow up while using them however and I'm damn glad I wasn't using them when one finally did let go. Glass in no way equates to Polycarb lens, esp, in dedicated shooting glasses. The space between the lenses is also large and likely to allow gasses and worse behind them.

As for PC glasses scratching and clouding, you aren't speaking of high-end shooting glasses which are quite different than any safety glasses I've seen, and I have a pile of good ones in the shop. I use the hell out of my gear, but I take care of it too. Those lenses will last many years w/o a mark - so long as you don't have a receiver let go. New lens without a prescription are about $30 anyway so it's not a big deal if you do need to replace them or if you want to try different colors etc. Try to replace lenses on a pair of Aviators or even some Oakleys these days...

I got my new lenses just a week ago and there is NO distortion whatsoever as I rotate my view as Stan describes. NONE.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]