I also think that this issue should be revisited. I read the report that Big Al reported on and unless I missed some pertinent points, the numbers of dead due to lead, when compared to the total population of species studied, did not seem to be that high. A greater percentage of traffic deaths occur and we are still driving cars. Perhaps a bad analogy, but I have to tell you that I am still convinced that a desire to ban hunting and/or guns has had a lot to do with the interpretation of the results of the "science." I think we could all agree - no, not all of us, let me retract that - that in this day of statistics and polls, these two items can be manipulated to "prove" any point that is needed to be proven. I look at this in a similar fashion as asbestos remediation. The elbows of water pipes are discovered in old buildings as being covered in asbestos. I say elbows, because this, according to a contractor friend of mine is usually the only place it is found - not completely covering the pipes as some have led others to believe. I know that careful workers can put on the same masks as the remediation crew and rid the building of the material in plastic bags in a matter of a few safe operations. But, with the intervention of the government -coupled with the new businesses dealing in Remediation - several days or weeks and several hundreds or thousands of dollars later, the same result is achieved. Completely sealing a building in plastic wrap to remove the asbestos - is that really necessary - or simply a way of running up the cost of the job. Call me cynical - and you will be correct. Again, just an opinion. By the way - I still buy the overpriced ammunition to enjoy my sport and perhaps if my shooting improved, I might save money!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member