Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
"We are in a WAR with the Libtards and gun grabbers..."

Therein lies the problem. Every difference of opinion does not require vilifying the opponent, denigrating their opinions, or attacking their character while formulating an "enemies list". And if someone lacking the cojones to use their real name attacks my family or my integrity, responding in kind just gives the sociopath more opportunities to entertain himself. And a public forum is not the place to deal with it. The most effective counter to lies is the truth...or pictures wink
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24716095

Where I was raised it was felt to be rude to inflict even my most heart-felt opinion on another competent adult without their permission. And even worse form to harangue those who already happen to agree, but don't share the same zeal.

I think it's safe to say that 90% of us:
1. Get that our Second Amendment rights, and many others, are at profound risk. And 50 "educational" posts don't make us any more aware of that fact.
2. We are already committed to protecting ourselves and our families, and are well armed to do so.
3. We come here for diversion and double gun information, because our lives are already stressful enough.
4. We are polite enough not to feel the need to inflict our political opinions on the unwilling and uninterested. I happen to think we are rapidly nearing a (likely violent) separation of the States, but will keep that to myself.
5. When we get disgusted enough with the atmosphere here, we'll stop posting and/or leave. I suspect most of Dave's paying advertisers want information as to how many people are viewing the website.

And I think very little of what we discuss here has any eternal significance, and God is still on His throne in heaven, but this is not the venue to discuss that either.

Drew cuts to the heart of the problem. Personal denigration is ugly and offensive to me. I might want to read some posts about defending our rights, but I've been done for a long time wading in the ugliness of most threads on the topic. There's not a damn thing good comes of any of it.

Jay