Haynes vs. the U.S.

That was the Supreme Court case that ruled that criminals cannot be compelled to register their guns because it would be a violation of their Fifth Amendment Right to not incriminate themselves.

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.haynes.html

That's right. Under any government gun registration scheme, law abiding citizens would be compelled to register their guns, but felons would not.

Not surprisingly, King Brown is once again doing his LULLING of U.S. gun owners by falsely proclaiming that "reining in guns will never happen." He knows this is a lie because the Liberal Left Democrats King supports and defends never stop trying. As old colonel correctly states, the left simply cannot be trusted, and in my opinion, King Brown himself is proof of that statement. King is drawn to these matters because Gun Control is part of his agenda and the agenda of the Left:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Gun control doesn't work? I believe gun control works reasonably generally in Canada, providing a less violent society compared to some others, in good part because of our different culture.

I'd feel better about 2nd protection if our side stopped shooting itself in the foot with the makes-no-difference between 10 and larger magazines, cross-messaging of the worst kind. The antis are saying if the difference is 6-8 seconds what's the problem of excluding the 10-plus?

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

All this from a guy who repeatedly claims to be pro-gun, and this is but a small fraction of his anti-gun, anti 2nd Amendment, and anti-NRA rhetoric.

Canada recently passed a law scrapping the Canadian Long Gun Registry. You can bet that King Brown did nothing to assist the Canadian gun owners who successfully fought to end that part of gun registration in Canada. Unfortunately, Quebec has refused to comply with the law and destroy their database. But nobody with any brains at all would ever expect that those records would all be destroyed. Not in an age when immensely large data storage has gotten so cheap and easy.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.