Originally Posted By: King Brown
I didn't feel a need for PAL mention because I was responding to the aforementioned "two pieces of paper." To sell a firearm legally all I need to know is that the owner has a PAL, no exchange or signing of papers of any kind. Canada does not have a database other than citizens who have taken a safety course. Canada doesn't know if I have a gun or how many. PAL permits buying and selling firearms to those who have shown they can use them safely. A national consensus of reasonable accommodation is preferable to Canada than an enduring, tiresome and never-ending national debate about regulations and constitutional rights.

If the issue is whether Canadian gun laws are the most draconian in the world, we really have no disagreement there - they are far from the worst in the world. If the issue is whether the long gun registry has been eliminated, again, there is no debate about that.

But respectfully, I am simply asking you a basic "yes" or "no" question: May a Canadian citizen purchase a firearm without a PAL?

Last edited by Smokeshot; 09/05/16 12:38 PM.