Federal legislation comprises all gun laws in Canada---in effect, one law---not a member-cited 20,000 laws in the United States depending on Second Amendment interpretations by myriad jurisdictions.

Canadians considering buying firearms/ammunition are required to pass a safety course. The federal government makes a background check and finding clean issues a Possession and Acquisition License.

Having a PAL is a no-fuss convenience for purchasing, buying or selling, gun owner or not. A granddaughter has PAL so I can pass on firearms to her in my will. She has no interest in using one now. She is not a registered gun owner.

Canada has no rigamarole over buying or selling at gun shows, from one to another, crossing state lines, shipping, FFLs, uncertainty of legality in myriad jurisdictions. What I do is my business, none else. No sham FBI tracing centre.

As most Canadians, I don't fear government confiscating my firearms. Under our parliamentary system, when they cross the line into unwarranted authoritarianism we always throw them out, as we did the registry and government with it.

Last edited by King Brown; 09/06/16 02:10 PM.