Originally Posted By: King Brown
James, I said when "the border was closing." Google Joe, a good guy, a lawyer, advertising in both countries for as long as I can remember. I said he was in business in New England and Florida as well as here. "Quite possibly" he was doing so suggests you didn't read it. My premise was more freedom gun trading in Canada. Cross border banter came north later, which you clarified. Ask for help any time.

(Did you get your boy back? My only hope is interested great grandson, age seven, adopted from South Korea at six months, hell for leather around guns.

Closing? Closed? There is a difference and I'd just say it wasn't clear. Regardless, and assuming it was all done legally (the Mann transaction) it doesn't change my point....now and for the last 15 or so years, the US makes cross border transactions of non restricted long guns, their parts and ammo, very difficult.

Examples for previously legal transactions are somewhat meaningless. I also used to drive across the border at Emerson to go pheasant hunting in North and South Dakota:
"Where you all going?"
"South Dakota"
"What will you be doing?"
"Hunting pheasant."
"Got any guns?"
"Yup"
"Have a great time!"

But it wasn't particularly germane to this discussion.

The boy started back at school this morning. Very happily. His mom and I have ultimately reached a very co-operative and fair co-parenting agreement and arrangement, in theory and practice. All's good on that front. Gordon excels and his mom and I bask in the reflected glory. smile

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia