The comments about the stock are spot on, and glass bedding is probably a good idea. As far as what that Elsie was built for . . . if it dates from later than 1925, the advent of the Super-X--and that 3 3/4 DE, 1 1/4 oz load is the original Super-X load--means that your gun should have been built to take it. Although, as noted previously, not necessarily the wood. That load, by the way, is considered "light" these days by some pheasant hunters, who seem to think they need to push 1 1/4 oz at 1500 fps, or go to 3" mags, to kill pheasants. That particular load, in either 5 or 6 shot, has probably accounted for more dead ringnecks than any other single load on the market. If I'm going to shoot 1 1/4 oz, which I don't use very often, I look for something like the old Super Pigeon formula, which is 3 1/4 DE vs 3 3/4. Drops the velocity to about 1220 fps. RST offers a nice 1 1/4 oz load at 1200 fps, with which I've had good results. But I'm shooting it through a modern SKB sxs. And most of the time, if I'm shooting a 12, I'm more likely to use a 1 1/16 oz Kent load, maybe with a 1 1/8 oz low pressure and moderate velocity reload in the tight barrel.