I don't know any liberal gun owners that are anti-2nd amendment. I have hunted with one, former Dem candidate for the state legislature, for over 40 years. He's also retired military. Obviously a gun owner. Some people take "support the 2A" as a synonym requiring one to support virtually anyone owning virtually any weapon they wish--because when the Constitution was written, private citizens could pretty much own anything the military had. I don't think the Founders envisioned nukes, or even tanks with all weapons systems functional.

I'm sure my hunting partner (I can ask him at some point) would agree that gun control measures such as a ban on high cap magazines simply don't make sense. I trained on the M-1, which passes most high cap bans because it uses an 8 round clip. I can assure you, although I don't own an M-1 any more, that with a very short period of re-familiarization, I can shoot that gun about as fast as anyone with a high cap magazine. Reloading is a piece of cake if you have more clips. Stupid to think restricting magazine capacity is going to make much difference. I disagree with those who think so.

But I have zero interest in trying to chase someone off a gun-oriented BB, assuming they own guns, because they don't happen to own a handgun or a black rifle or whatever. Or even because they think I don't need to own one. This is a doublegun board. If they own a doublegun and want to talk about doubleguns, that's good enough for me. They think I don't need to own a handgun or a black rifle but I do . . . we agree to disagree and go on from there. This country is getting too damned polarized as it is. And gun owners are a minority. Best we make an effort to stick together, assuming we want to continue owning and shooting our guns.

Last edited by L. Brown; 09/21/16 07:00 AM.