Larry:

But the "Kill the Jews and the Christians and take their wives and daughters" (parapharased) verses are still in the Koran. When do those verses apply to practicing Muslims? Under what circumances?

I haven't ever seen an explanation.

Zakaria / GPS had a show about peaceful Muslims. Zakaria, at the beginning of the show, threw in some Old Testament verses similar to the ones I posted here. He went on to explain a two part Koran. But it is ordered the exact opposite of the Christian Bible. The first part is the love, peace, feed the poor part. The second part is the "Kill Jews and Christians and take their stuff" part, still paraphrased. That is, the part written later is the violent part. Just the opposite of the Bible, which has the vengeful, stoning, genocidal part at the beginning and then the "peace, turn the other cheek, walk the extra mile" in the later part. Jesus cancelled out the revenging, violent, part of the Old Testaement.

Our Muslim citizens have the same rights as all citizens. To practice their religion, equal protection under the law, freedom of speech, etc...

But the non-citizen Muslims outside our nation's borders have no right to come here. We don't owe them admittance. Until someone can explain to me what circumstances require Muslims to practice the violent part of the Koran I am against bringing in Muslim immigrants, particularly from areas with high ISIS demographics - like Syria.

Edit: Zakaria's show was actually titled "Why Do They Hate Us"

I am glad to be here.