Will do, and you are welcome, Stan. I have never seen either a Model 12 or a Model 97 with an extension magazine, as sometimes seen on both Browning A-5 and Remington M11's (pre-1934 3 shot plug law)- back in the market hunting days. My Model 97 will hold 6- five in the magazine tube and 1 in the chamber- the Model 12's hold one more shell - both sans the plug. By the way, Stan, my M1897 is a series E--last revision that I am aware of until the last ones were built in 1957. I keep a 3 shot plug in it, as the Fall turkey season here in MI runs from Sept. 15th to November 14th, and overlaps the waterfowl season. I don't need some over zealous "Raccoon Ranger" trying to give me a citation because 90% of the private lands I hunt for turkeys are also areas where I hunt ducks and geese. That's also why I haven't yet used the M97 with steel shot, as we can still use lead shot loads legally for turkey hunting. But I have 4 12 gauge Model 12's that I have been shooting steel shot loads in for 30 years or so, all have original factory full chokes, and there is absolutely no sign of any bulging of the barrels, whether at the muzzles or elsewhere. Can't beat the WRA nickel steel or Winchester Proof Steel barrels on the Model 12's or 97's either. Darn near indestructible.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..