I've pointed out your own personal attacks which you have made here many times King. Strangely, people like Drew haven't, but what the hell, eh? But I can understand why you choose to ignore the FACT that you have frequently referred to Conservatives as racists, misogynists, haters, greedy, selfish, filthy, etc., and most recently... "the Fringe" or "IT". I also know you wished to totally excuse nca225 for what he posted here about my daughters. If Jim, Dave, or I, or any other Conservative here had said something similar about your daughters, you'd have lost your mind. And I wouldn't have blamed you for doing so. I sure as hell wouldn't suggest that you should forgive such behavior, as you did. Yet you call me "the Fringe" and give a pass for far more egregious behavior from anti-2nd Amendment Liberals like you. Interesting.

Dishonesty (or hypocrisy) is not civility King. Thanks once again for keeping this thread alive to shine a light on how frauds like you roll, troll.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.