I think , as may already have been mentioned , the gun room guys sometimmes do not know what they have. They sell for the markup of what they paid for it. The Grant was a deal I probably will not make again. I asked why the Grant was so cheap. He says that it was not really Boss Barrels since a gold engraving with " Boss& Co" , was not typical of Boss Barrels . He thinks the gun is sleeved. So for the price , I liked the Grant side lever and barrel thickness was good , so it was a shooter. So, the gun arrives at the FFL with what I am certain is a $2000 oak and leather case restored which they never told me. Then I look at the barrels underneath and see two small " Boss" stamps on each barrel . With serial numbers. I send pics to Ron Lyn , and he also says Boss does not Gold engrave the rib on their guns but he sees the bottoms and checks the serial numbers and confirms they are Boss Barrels put on by the Grant owner 10 years later in 1907. ( who for whatever reason had the ribs gold engrave by someone other than Boss)
So I get a tier 2 gun , plus case, with Tier 1 barrels. All unknown to the Cabelas gun room guys for the price, which I thought low anyway, for a sleeved Grant. So it cuts both ways .

Last edited by Condor; 10/04/16 08:58 PM.