Originally Posted By: John Roberts
That gun is worth quite a lot more than the "$900-$1500" that you mentioned in a previous post. With that engraving and condition, along with its quality and nice configuration, I would venture it to be more like a $3000/$3500 gun any day. Hell, Steve Barnett would put $4500 on it, and Kevin's would put it at $6500.
JR

FWIW, there's a very similar gun, albeit with single trigger, that has been listed repeatedly on Gunbroker with little apparent interest. Buy it now is $1,860.

Honestly, the seller does not identify it as a English gun and I assumed it was a Spanish or Turkish copy. Comparing it to my gun, I no longer think that. It appears to be the same gun as mine.

Go to Gunbroker and search for " BSA SXS 12, ejectors, Miller Trigger, 6.6 pounds " if you want to see it. Frankly, the seller's minimal description and not-very-telling photos, along with his optimistic opening bid will probably keep the gun from selling for a long, long, time.

I stand by my view that outside a boutique gun shop that caters specifically to double gun shooters, this gun's market value tops out at around $1,500 (and even that might be optimistic). The gun is WORTH more than that but I doubt it will ever sell for much more. Once you hit $2,000 or more there simply are too many other options that would likely appeal more to buyers.

ETA: I requested more photos from the seller. His is definitely an English BSA and it's gorgeous -- serial number puts it within 20 guns of mine. It has prettier wood than mine, though my engraving is nicer IMO. His gun's condition may not be quite as nice as mine but it's still a fabulous gun. And yet, it remains unsold. Honestly, if he would flesh out the description and include the photos he sent me in his auction listing, I think he'd sell the gun. It's very nice.

Last edited by bladeswitcher; 11/16/16 03:56 PM.