It has accounted for a lot of dead varmints on the farms I lease, and my own. One funny story that happened several years ago comes to mind. My son and I were driving to one of the farms I tend to check on something when a coyote ran out of the neighbor's hay field and was headed towards his cow pasture. He ran across the road and stopped in a harrowed field and looked back at us. My son took the MW WesternField and poked it out the window. I told him to pull the rear trigger as, at the time, I was carrying a load of 00 buck in the left tube. The 'yote was about 50 yards and looking back, standing stock still. When he touched it off you could see those 9 blue whistlers hit the ground in a perfect, though evidently splotchy, pattern all the way around him. He lit out in overdrive, with nary a scratch on him. I quit carrying big buckshot that day in it. They are predictably a poor choice in chokes as tight as that gun has.

I do not shoot coyotes on my land, but was hoping to help out that neighbor with the calf killers. We are overrun with deer which devastate our row crops during the growing season. Deer eat crops ....... coyotes eat deer ....... ergo, coyotes are my ally. Economics makes strange bedfellows.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.