Thank you again Raimey. The gun cleaned up well this morning. Both bores are excellent, nice and bright. Interesting, both of them mike out at .682" which is of course a little large for 16 bore, chokes are both 3” long and full tapered without a parallel section at the muzzle. Chokes are both .654 = heavy choking at 28 points of constriction. Chambers measure a full 2-3/4”. Standing breeches show no evidence of ever having been fired. Stock has a “widows peak” type steel buttplate and both screws have squiggle engraving and are timed 12-6 o’clock. As previously written I assume the barrels are 65 cm as they measure a little short of 26”. The barrels are heavily swamped and the stock drop is only 2-3/8”.

The large “eagle” on both breeches seems reminiscent of the Polish Falcon but its head is turned opposite. The crown that’s over the eagle carries over to the top lever where it’s filled with gold. Well, at least 66 of these guns were made as evidenced by its serial number.

Any further ideas on what I have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

frank

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.