I am back at home and have reviewed all the posts. Thank you Raimey and Ken61 for participating.

So it appears that I have a Vincenzo Bernardelli 16 bore that was made using components that were sourced from Liege Belgium. Also it seems the components at least, were made prior to 1925 as I understand that the sideways square stamp with C 16 inside, was discontinued after 1924. Does anyone have a different take on this shotgun?

I am intrigued by the full 2-3/4" chambers on a vintage 16 bore, also the short 65 cm barrels with their combo of Full & Full choking. With chokes having 3" of full taper and constrictions of 28 points, the barrels couldn't have been cut. Seems like a short barreled shotgun would have more open choking at least in American usage.

As I’d written earlier this was an attic find and it appears to be unfired. The barrels are tight on the face with full contact, hammers are tight as could be on their spindles and the cocking is positive and triggers are crisp. Everything works as it should. As with all guns like this it sure would be nice to know its story.

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.