Thank you profoundly,Ted, especially regarding your kind words towards my dad, who passed last year, a week before his 95th birthday.
I would like to relate, given as a token of appreciation, and hopefully not so long winded that it will be received otherwise, the history my dad related concerning this gun, the Bayard, and a 1913 9mm DWM P08 Luger that he brought back from Austria in 1946.

He was the armorer for his company, which was part of the Army Corps of Engineers. They shipped over to Normandy in October or November of 44, and saw action only for a few days during the Battle of the Bulge, before eventually ending up in Vienna at war's end.

Called to confront a sniper in a church steeple, my dad found the sniper to be an old lady who lived with her husband in a nearby village.

My dad told me that he had two opportunities to kill during the war. The first subject being a lamed horse, killed eventually without a second thought by a passing infantryman, as my dad and his squad passed a firearm between them, trying to avoid the task.
The second was this old lady. I never asked my dad what she was using to snipe with, but he related that after taking the lady into custody, he searched her house, confiscating the three arms I now am the guardian for.

On reflection, the serial number on the action is marked with the spacing 10 4 05, which may signify April 4, 1905?

Best wishes and thanks again!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNlHZNxA1nthGHO8eLYRyo8YJhiDtGaPmLChuk0/

Last edited by Azure; 12/06/16 12:24 AM.