What a contraption. Could you provide an image of the Belgian marks on the underside of the tubeset? Moose Snoot & I have been chasing Puškar Jan Wangler v. Jenikove(Golcuv Jenikov) on ShotgunWorld and I believe Moose Snoot ferreted out the patent for the 22 part scattergun mousetrap?

"Progress in the construction of the hunting rifle
The already well-known gunsmith Mr. I. Wangler from Kuttenberg in Bohemia, who recently received a patent for the construction of a Lancaster double gun, from which also Lefaucheux cartridges can be fired, and which is arranged in such a way that a Lancaster cartridge after being discharged is extracted from the chamber, but only when discharged, has recently come up with another very practical invention.
The same man has now constructed a new rifle, in which the locks are lodged/inserted in the stock(?), neither the lock plates nor the Schraube is visible, only the hammers
The two locks, which, as is known, consist so far of twenty-two parts, have only nine of these in the new construction, and is available with only seven on request, and both the locks and other rifle parts can be disassembled in a few moments without the use of screwdrivers and spring clamps etc.
The whole construction is very simple, solid, and it is now possible for this gunsmith, through the simplicity of his invention, to compete with every large manufacturer of guns.
These guns are already well-known by hunters here in the area.

I consider myself obliged to report of this interesting invention to the reader of the magazine.
Schrambol (possibly Schrambok) at Lestina in Bohemia on May 7, 1885.
Ignaz Ritter Rachodsky"

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopi...e79091b7953cdac

I'll attempt to move some of the info.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse