I often wonder about the Mossad. I'll try to shorten this story.

Three of us took an unmarked 707 out of Beirut during the Lebanese civil war. The Palestinians and the Syrians were on the hunt to kill all european types in Beirut. The Israeli fighters were overhead and occasionally making a supersonic low pass. The airport was supposedly blockaded by the Palestinians, but they must have slept in because there was no road block. Armed guards had the airport and terminal closed and guarded. We bribed and talked our way through everybody, told them we were flying to Damascus. Got in the airplane and took off for London. We were concerned about the Israelis shooting us down, but since Beirut was hot and spending time there was known to be bad for our health. We took off and and took our chances with the Israelis. Obviously we didn't get shot down. To this day I don't know why the Israeli fighters didn't intercept us. I've told this story before and have been told if the Mossad had anything to do with it they would not only knew we were Americans, but what color soxs we were wearing.

Last edited by pooch; 12/25/16 09:57 PM.