Originally Posted By: wingshooter16
Thanks again to Greg for this great thread, and hopefully a few pics of the work of He Who paints without a brush will fall within the parameters of Greg's intent.

Christmas out at Postoak's property: leftovers, a couple French doubles, a metal and plastic Italian number in case the cranes showed up, and the Made in USA AR for pigs and yotes. Friday evening I could tell it had the possibility to be a great sunset. But a yote was barking and howling inside the 200 yd target at the shooting range. So I grabbed the AR out of the truck and headed to the range. He continued to call, but didn't show himself. What was calling, showing itself more stunning every second, was a spectacular sunset. The photographer in me was screaming for the camera (in the truck), and won out over the hunter itching for a pelt for the boy. Ran to the truck and started shooting- one of those that unfolds and crescendos in a cascade of color. I have not had a rolling event (how I like to describe them) that afforded so many facets of focus like this since 15 months ago in Westport, Ireland. I'll put my favorite first, interspersed with some other things this weekend, and close with my favorite in Ireland last year.

Not in sequence, but here are a few focal points of my encounter:

Cocoa and our Christmas quail, shot with cylinder, 3/4 oz reload from my near hundred year old Ideal No.5:

Installed and enjoyed a wood stove:

Put the feeder up where hopefully it is out of reach of the pigs, at least the ones that don't fly:

Sunrise today:

Mike

Thanks, Mike that is beautiful. The sunsets and the clear nights make west Texas a great place to be.

I grew up in Venezuela. We were a few degrees north of the equator. Sunsets are normally beautiful at that latitude but twilight is brief. WE started having the most incredible sunsets. Years later I would learn that the cause of those marvelous sunsets was the matter blown into the air by the hydrogen bomb tests that were going on at our latitude on the other side of the world.