Thanks, Terry. Happy New Year to you, too. I hope you don't mind the rest of the story told by you to me about 6 years ago. Here it is:
" The Greener 10 was bought locally about 20 years ago from a friend. There is a bit of a story. the barrel is damascus and is actually 39 1/2" and had no choke although the proof marks were "not for ball". I suspected that the gun had been shortened, probably because of muzzle damage.The original barrel wall was over 60 thou with a bit of light frosting in the bore.I sent the barrel to Stan Baker, the barrel guru, in Seattle(may he rest in peace) (edited by GLS) for clean up. ) Weighs 9 1/2 lbs. Shoots excellent,tight patterns to 50 yds. I load my own bismuth loads at about 8500 PSI and with 1/4" chamber walls and the Jones underlever lock-up I have no concern regarding the ability to handle that load. I contacted Graham Greener and he confirmed that the gun was built in 1886 with a 42" barrel and was ordered by a Mr. Short !!! It handles and shoots very well and is a hoot to use for pass shooting geese."