I did not mean to infer, by any stretch, that the fine guns they shoot are in any way the cause or the reason for their poor shooting. What I cannot understand is a mindset where people can be happy missing. I do not accept that anyone who is coordinated enough to operate an automobile cannot better themselves from a 45/100 score. What I cannot understand is why they do not WANT to improve, or why they don't dedicate themselves to improving.

A shotgun was invented and designed to hit things, not to miss and just make a loud noise. Please understand I am not belittling these gentlemen. I simply cannot understand it ......... but then, there's a lot I don't understand. I once had a friend who was a Marine Major, and piloted F-4U Corsairs. Later, while stationed in Florida he would shoot at a rifle/pistol range regularly. He said that about once a month a guy would come out with a S & W .44 Magnum and a full box of cartridges. He would load it, fire it until empty into the berm, reload, and do the same thing over and over until the box of cartridges was empty. He asked him one day why he didn't shoot at a target or something. Said he wasn't interested in hitting anything, just hearing it shoot.

There's lot of room between 45/100 and "top shooter", Woody. I'm not a "top shooter" either, but I've come a long ways from the first time I shot sporting clays until today. Lessons, shells, questions, more shells, lots more shells. But mostly, just wanting to get better.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/04/17 08:44 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.