Originally Posted By: Fourteener54
I got a laugh from Secretary of Treasury Nominee, Steven Mnuchin, "I forgot about my $100M in real estate", "I forgot about the Cayman Island Hedge Fund management position" "The kid's $1M in art.

"It was a simple mistake amid a mountain of bureaucracy, an innocent error"

Goldman Sachs - "Our client's interests always come first"

Where did I put that Swamp Pump?

Taking him at his word, it must suck to have so much money you forget about that much wealth. (a little irony)

Remember the Former President's first Treasury Secretary was unable to file his personal taxes properly.

That said in Trumps nominee's case, maybe it takes a guy who knows all the tricks because he practiced them to understand them and put the interests of his new clients, the American People first. (given confirmation)

At this point all the confirmation process sniping is not sure indicator of future campaign promise delivery. Past Presidents (FDR - Kennedy) made big use no previous government experience private business office appointments with mixed success, some worked well (at least from the appointing President's perspective), some did not.

In the end we will have to see what gets delivered by the new administration a few years down the road. While I have doubts, they fail to compare to what my doubts on what Hilary would have done.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS