Originally Posted By: King Brown
....What responsibilities have we shirked? We commanded the Libya air war, chose the hottest spot in Afghanistan, both with unsuccessful consequences with terrorists in ascendancy. We're in action with the Kurds, with NATO allies on Russian border, 600 special forces committed to Africa. Elucidate, please.

Six hundred troops from a country of thirty-six some million? I know there're more brave Canadians serving in harms way than that, but doesn't that number seem like an insincere commitment from political leadership?

Your gov has an official website, forces.gc.ca, that has a 'current operations list'. Quite a bit more of a breakdown of operations than I would've expected. A quick scan of the operations shows your current admin pads their participation stats by commingling numbers prior to taking office.

Still, the list reads like a dabble around the edges strategy. While some operations are in the 'hottest spots', they emphasize things like supply and refueling. I don't know why, but they actually write that ten troops are committed in the sudan, thankfully, they are more vague about other operations.

Noticeably lacking is involvement in the asia/pacific area. China, n.korea? I don't think you have shirked any responsibilities, but it comes back to the same ole question. What's a responsibility?