A few weeks ago a friend sent me a text asking if I was still looking for a Linden stocked rifle. He knew that I had been looking to add a Linden rifle to my collection for some time. He also mentioned that it was a Hornet, which immediately took me back 30 some odd years when I was studying Monty Kennedys checkering book and trying to teach myself how to scratch up stocks with my dads old checkering tools. Well, with the help of Kennedy, Fisher, Shelhamer, Hearn, and the others in the book, I was able to teach myself to do a passable job of checkering.

Ive always had a soft spot for the Springfield 1922 trainer Hornet conversions. Michael Petrov once told me he tried to collect particular rifles from the individual craftsmen when he could. Whites Wundhammer as an example for him. Well for me, one of those rifles is the Linden stocked 1922 in Kennedys book.

Ive been looking off and on for that rifle for the last 30 odd years. I cant pass up a custom Springfield without checking, and 1922 Hornet is a popular search on gunbroker for me. So when my friend told me about a Linden Hornet, my first question was is it a 1922? In due time, pictures were sent, the connection was made, and I was able to bring home a rifle I had been looking for for over 30 years. Other than the addition of a side mount for the Zeiss scope, the rifle is as it is pictured in Kennedys book.

To say I am tickled is an understatement. I never really expected to find the rifle, much less for it to be in the condition it is after all these years. I cant wait to get some rounds down it and maybe get a ground hog or prairie dog or two with it.

Regards,
John

Last edited by gasgunner; 02/08/17 01:45 PM.