Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: Ken61
Speaking of "low end" Spanish guns, the market is saturated right now, if you check Simpson's inventory. Lot's of pre-DIARM medium weight game guns, mainly boxlocks. Their prices have dropped 30% over the last year or two. Same with Field Grade German guns. Now would be the time to buy any Grandkids their first Starter Double.

Regards
Ken

The Simpson Ltd. is good place to go if one wants HVA Mauser sporter or inexpensive SxS. I see they sold decent East German Merkel Modell 8 or $695. These were not inexpensive shotguns costing about $1300 in early 90s. Few years back someone imported bunch of sporting rifles and SxSs from Europe most likely Sweden or another Scandinavian country. I say Scandinavian because there were many HVA rifles and shotguns plus some German and Spanish stuff. I agree the prices are significantly down for now.

Their buyer works out of Sweden. He travels all around Europe collecting guns, and when he has enough for a shipment he sends it over. Since many countries tax each gun, the older or lower condition ones often come over. Many were originally retailed in Sweden. Quite a few come from Spain. A popular rifle is the Remington rolling block that was sold to the Swedish Army, but is finding its way back here via Simpson. They also usually have quite a few Lugers.

Bob took me down to the basement once, literally racks and racks of doubles..

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.