Dan,

Ive given the idea of storage cases a lot of thought, and like I said, Ive tried to talk my employer into manufacturing cases for long term storage.

I tossed the idea around of a sealed feed-through for an electrical plug and a small golden rod dehumidifier inside the case. That way you can plug the case into the wall for the long-term, and just unplug the feed-through and walk away with the case when youre ready to use it. Ultimately, I decided against doing that because I want to keep cases cost down (I only just paid $1,400 for the new Dickinson thats going into it), and the use of this case will be in an RV/travel trailer where electrical plugs and the hookups to power them will be at a premium.

So I settled on the Americase VS series. I spoke with a very helpful rep that confirmed the foam type (they should always disclose this) and that I could get the case I wanted with the sandwiched foam that I can French-Fit myself. Ill cut a square for a rechargeable desiccant pack of some sort (still trying to decide what type), and Ill cut channels in the foam to allow the guns area to flow to the desiccated volume.

Also, my company had some humidity indicator viewports from AGM container controls that were purchased for a cancelled program. I was able to get one off of the storeroom manager, and all it will take is a 1 hole drilled into the case. Then, Ill be able to monitor the humidity inside case the via a self resetting color-changing card without even having to open it up. Im not sure how much these sell for, but my cost was just a trip to the warehouse.

The whole setup should cost me $200-$250.

Sorry for the long post, I've learned so much from lurking on this forum, I guess I'm excited for a discussion to fall into my wheelhouse.

-Leverhead