Glad there is interest in seeing how these patterns were made. Putting together an explaination for these patterns is something that I have been working on for a while. I intended to write a book, explaining how all of the barrel damascus patterns were made. Kind of thought I might be able to get some money for the little bit of marketable knowledge that I have. Posting the information to this forum may be cutting into my retirement income. wink

I'll be using several different software applications to create the sketches and illustrations for this thread. One application has just recently become available to me and it will greatly reduce the work required to create the illustrations. This software is called Thor II. (Yes, there was an earlier first version of Thor). Thor was created by a blacksmith from Germany. His name is Christian Schnura. The Thor software is able to illustrate what a twisted damascus pattern will look like, after a sketch of the billet arrangement is loaded to the software. This thread will be a great place to introduce Thor to the readers of this forum. I'll post in the thread where to download Thor II and instructions for how to use it.

Please let me know of any information available on ANY barrels with words in the damascus pattern.

Steve Culver
Steve Culver Knives