Originally Posted By: kirkp
Well, it's obvious that I have a LOT to learn. When I first looked at the pics, I thought it was a good looking gun. I thought the colors looked pretty good, screw didn't look boogered up and I didn't really see any other issues. Understand that this was before I looked at the price. After reading the replies, I looked at the pics again and saw what was being said about the poor wood to metal fit. For that price I would think one would want near perfection unless near perfection would be much more than the asking price. However I still don't see that it's worn out and ready to be melted down. Just because it's not perfect does it mean it's trash if it could be obtained at a reasonable price (whatever that would be)?

In order to learn, what is it that suggests it may have been rebarreled? Also, what's wrong with the forend tip?

Thanks for putting up with my rambling.
Kirk

Yes, I agree. Not a bad looking gun. Too much money anyway . If the barrels are original except as to a restore then $15,000 is not out of line with the current crop of Purdeys I see. Look at what folks are looking to sell sleeved Dicksons. If the barrels are sleeved then 6 to 10 is also in the market. If someone put that on for $2500 I would think it was a typo. The description is simply lacking in information about the gun.