OC, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of Ed admonishing Keith et al to stay on the topic of the board while he goes off topic whenever he feels like it. And pointing out that he doesn't complain about JM when he regularly goes off topic talking and promoting every kind of gun but classic doubles.

I've had my discussions with Keith about the likelihood of any anti gun liberal swaying my mind, or frankly the minds of just about any member here. Suffice to say I think it is somewhere between slim and none.

I've also been clear with Keith that I like having those guys here....keeps us sharp. Know thy enemy and all that jazz. And I think Keith's tiff with you borders on the pointless.

But I don't mind Keith regularly pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting gun control politicians while advocating using guns on this site. A vote for Obama, for Clinton, for Trudeau in Canada was a vote against private gun ownership. Plain and simple.

I live in a country that has ALL of the forces of government lined up against gun owners with no allies and no second amendment. I have no time for the Fudds who think because they shoot old guns and just for hunting, they don't need to defend the rights of black gun owners.

The antis don't stop. They will never stop until guns are out of private hands....all guns. So gun owners need to be constantly defending their current position and working to roll back the stupid laws already enacted. Pretending, for example the way the 16 Gauge Society does, that you can own guns and not be politicized is just naive. I'm very glad our benefactor Dave is content to let us exercise the right of free speech. I'll take the bad with the good.

And....as has been said many times....don't like it, read on.

Edit to add: BTW, Unlike many here, I am perfectly content to read with interest while threads get hijacked. I think of them as conversations and my conversations, at least the enjoyable ones, veer all over the place. I'd hate to put a straitjacket on them.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/29/17 04:56 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia