Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Joe Wood;
You left out the best of the Lot, LEFEVER.

Whisper: "you are absolutely right but I don't want the word to get out any sooner than possible. I 'need' another Lefever!"

Too late. Even garden variety Twist barreled H grades with excessive drop and no case colors are selling for nearly double what you could snag them for 10 years ago. And this in spite of the supposed drop in demand for double shotguns. This one also had a profit making $50.00 shipping charge on top of the transfer fees the buyer will pay.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/642188375

Glad I stocked up when they were cheap! I was buying higher grade 20's and 16's in equal or better condition for this price before the word got out. The good old days have ended.

Oh crap... now I'm going to get attacked for a thread diversion. Must get back on topic... one of the guns I got burned (or lightly singed) on was a 16 gauge GE Lefever that was priced low enough that I didn't think to run home to grab my Stan Baker bore gauge. It looked unmolested and all original, but the bores turned out to be about .008" over nominal .662" 16 ga. bore size. It was still a good deal and was still very sound and shootable. But had I been armed with the information that it was apparently honed about .004", I might have negotiated an even better price. It's a sweet little bird gun regardless. Perfect mirror bores in 100+ year old shotguns should always be viewed with some caution. Lesson learned, but hardly the last lesson.

Selby Lowndes

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.