Not a weird seller, but years back (2011) I was driving a beater 76 Fiat Spider, when I guy at work told me he had talked to his uncle about my car and that his uncle had a Fiat he might want to sell to me. Well I got his phone number and called him making an appointment to see it.

The 76 was a $1,500 eBay buy held together with Bondo and a lot of little projects by me.

I drove up to his house in my 76 Fiat and he said his car was in the "car barn" down the hill in his back yard. All I could see was a rotten wooden wreck of a barn so needless to say I thought OMG what is this thing going to look like? Well we walked out back and as I got closer I saw a neat well kept looking garage next to the barn. The automatic door started swinging open and there were six cars all under parachute cloth. Everything was immaculate and well ordered. The tool racks perfectly organized and labeled. He then pulled a cover off an 83 Spider with 31k original miles and told me that he was the original owner and he wanted it to go to someone who knew how to care for the car. He said after talking a bit he could tell I would be the right guy to appreciate it. He sold it to me for half of what it was worth and would not take a dollar more.

I don't own the 76 Fiat anymore, had to make space for my Dad's 911. I still own the '83 Pininfarina (Fiat) and drive it sparingly. It is still in near prefect condition.

We love our toys and sometimes it is as much about knowing they well be properly appreciated as getting money for them. I sometimes worry about who will appreciate my guns when I can no longer play with them.

PS under the other covers were 60's Muscle Cars and a Mercedes 190SL, all in prefect condition.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS