Originally Posted By: Ken Hurst
MARK, We have only received two request for a 16 ga and one request for a 12 ga

Mr. Ken, those numbers seem suspect. I just went over the first 5 pages of this thread and read at least 5 posts promoting the 16ga. Might want to check again.

I believe the reason everyone wants small (20-28) guns is their rarity in the original production. Parkers, Ithacas, Foxes, and now the Lefever, all had a smaller original production of small gauge guns. Therefore their rarity makes them desirable to collectors. When Parker Repros, ICD, and Galazan did their marketing study they figured, and rightly, that 20 & 28's were desirable so that's what they offered. The same is happening now with the Lefever project. Everyone that wishes he could have an original Uncle Dan 20ga. is wanting to satisfy that itch with a new one.

But the truth of it is the original production numbers were much higher for 12's & 16's because more shooters were actually using those gauges.

Personally I'd like to see a 12 or 10 ga waterfowler with steel safe barrels. Nobody does that well anymore and I feel it would be more in keeping with the original production guns. Make some G grades that would be affordable to all. But too late now I suppose. Everyone has to have a high grade, even it's new production.

JMHO.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn