Originally Posted By: Researcher
I would think most shooters would use their more open barrel at the 16-yard events and the tighter barrel at handicap events.

Nothing bothers me more then over-under skeet shooters, with skeet chokes in both barrels, that wear out one lock mechanism by loading one shell at a time for singles at stations one through seven!! Lost bird, delay of the squad!! mad

That one made me grin; you might could suggest they at least consider loading the other bbl. first, if they have a selector, on alternating boxes. Skeet, for me anymore is about shooting w/friends. Some of mine are intense and insanely good at it as well. Me(?), nacho much, not that I don't try to hit 'em all, I do. It simply doesn't work all the time and its not related to which bbl., even when choked the same, is utilized. Following that same thot pattern one might worry about the same thing happening on a two-triggered double on the rt. hand lock, regardless of its chokes. Perhaps it does, if used for skeet often enough. Never really thot about it before. Now I have one more thing to use as a distraction rather than looking at the target & just shooting it as I did before I knew better. blush grin