My PH had several issues with the right tube. Nothing that I could describe as a "ring bulge", but it had several areas of raised metal I think would qualify as "rivels". (sp?). One was several inches long, appearing somewhat like a slight "mole tunnel" along the bottom of the tube near the bottom rib. I had my machinist make me a set of tapered slugs turned to fit Parker bores.

To repair the tube, I inserted the greased slug and placed it under whatever area I was working on, then started working on the area with a rawhide hammer, checking often with a metal straightedge to see my progress. It was slow work, but the metal did move. On stubborn areas I did use a bronze hammer as well. At the end I formed a thin sheet of lead on the tubes to hammer on to reduce the chance of leaving marks. Everything eventually went back into place. I also used my hydraulic dent remover to check bore diameter consistency. When I was finished, the tubes only needed normal sanding during barrel prep, no filing or anything drastic causing much metal to be removed. After refinishing, there's no evidence of any of the previous issues, and the wall thickness is well above minimums described as being safe.

The gun is still a work in progress, but once done I intend to give it a "Firestone Proof" to make sure it's safe.

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 07/13/17 08:04 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.