Nice work! I'm still at the Mousterian level, but I did skin a smallish (90+ pound) piggie with one of my obsidian knives last fall. I suspect it took me five times as long as a real Neolithic chap!

Our part of CA didn't have great cane for arrow shafts until us whiteyes showed up, but the locals in many cases made do with the carrizo cane, from which they also extracted sugar (not much, and no, they couldn't then re-use the cane for shafts!).

Keep in mind that actual arrow making is real new in the New World; most of our subarctic prehistory was spent hunting with an atlatl with REALLY BIG arrows--archeologists seem to agree (as if they ever really agree on anything) that the bow arrived in our neck of the woods about +- 500 AD).

Little stuff got netted or whopped with a non-return boomerang ("rabbit stick". I used to be OK with one of those before my folks let me buy a .410).

I had a neighbor back in upstate NYS who was truly deadly with an atlatl and (big) dart. As accurate as I was at 25 yards with a Bear recurve and modern arrows. Needless to say, he was kinda compulsive guy....

Last edited by Mike A.; 07/28/17 04:15 PM.